Art Torres, MBA
Art Torres has over 20 years of experience in Information Technology. He has a programming background and is currently the Director of IT at Republic Indemnity (a division of American Financial Group).
Art knows many computer languages, including assembler, RPG, COBOL, C, and C++. He has worked on iSeries (AS400), Novell, J.D. Edwards (PeopleSoft ERP), EDI, disaster recovery, Client/Server, Web applications, Web services, .Net, DB2, and SQL Server. He has managed diverse systems, such as communications, data integrity, loan origination, loan servicing, secondary marketing, finance, and supply chain. He has worked in companies such as KB Home, Universal Studios, Amgen, and Countrywide. He is versed in many industries including manufacturing, biotechnology, finance, insurance and entertainment.
Art has also applied his expertise in conflict resolution, quality assurance, process improvement, measurement, change management, business continuity, and team motivation. Art holds an advanced toastmaster certification and a competent leader certification from Toastmasters, International. Art is an associate professor of IT at Pepperdine University on MBA programs, and he has given presentations at computer user groups, user conferences, and universities. He holds an MBA, a B.S. in Electronics Engineering, and a certification in quality (CSQA).
MBA from Pepperdine University
BS in Electronics Engineering
Art Torres is a results oriented Information Technology executive with exceptional experience in application development, systems, and project management. Significantly raised productivity by applying innovative technology solutions targeted at the user experience and value. Proven ability to build strong relationships with staff and clients using negotiation skills, persuasion, demonstrated commitment, and leading by example. Strong motivational leader able to drive team results above individual performance levels, consistently exceeding client expectations. Self-motivated and innovative thinker and problem-solver, consistently pursuing new challenges to stretch abilities, expand knowledge and bring greater returns to stakeholders.
Specific management experience includes:
• Budget and strategic planning, and cost reduction
• Project management, analysis and design of large and small projects
• Management of onsite and offshore teams, and employees and contractors
• Customer service, vendor management, conflict resolution, and change management
• Team leadership and motivation, meeting and workshop facilitation, and executive presentations
• Emphasis on the big picture, value-added, and built-to-last solutions
• ERP systems, Accounting, Finance, FA, AP, AR, PO, SO, HR, Inventory
• Standards, best practices, and IT governance
• QA, QC, metrics and process improvement applying Six Sigma, CMMI, SPICE, and ISO
• Disaster recovery and business continuity
• Multi-functional, multi-site, and multi-platform environments