Cintia M. Diriwaechter-Melia, M.A.
Adjunct Faculty Member
Cintia Diriwaechter-Meliá, a native of Barcelona, joined the California Lutheran University Spanish department in the spring of 2006. Her family background in combination withstudies in Peninsular and Latin American literature and culture have given her a wide multiculturalperspective of the Spanish speaking world. Her extensive graduate work in Educational Psychology also helped her to create a positive learning environment, paying close attention to reaching different learning styles and the challenges non-natives have while learning a second language. Prior to coming to CLU, she taught Spanish in a wide variety of academic settings in such places as West Virginia and Massachusetts. She has taught both in the traditional classroom as well as Spanish courses that were fully online. Furthermore, she conducted distance education training to other educators, focusing on the latest voice tools and other programs to create and maintain a fully integrated online learning experience. At CLU, she enjoys her introductory level Spanish courses and the interaction with students in and out of the classroom. She continues to be a passionate Spanish instructor and faculty advisor and mentor.
- CCFLC: California Community College Foreign Language Council
- AFT 1828: Ventura County American Federation of Teachers
- ACTFL: American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages
- MLA: Modern Language Association
- MAFLA: Massachusetts Foreign Language Association
- ASCD: Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development
- Alliance for Education: Massachusetts based Professional Development Institute for certification.
M.A. in Spanish from West Virginia University, Morgantown
B.A. in Spanish from West Virginia University, Morgantown