Paul D. Witman, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Information Technology Management
Paul Witman teaches Information Technology Management in the School of Management. He is director of the adult and traditional undergraduate programs in Accounting, Business, and Economics, and is the Director of the Master of Science Program in Information Systems and Technology and of the Information Technology Management emphases for both the undergraduate and graduate business programs. He conducts active research in information security and privacy, in consulting for social media, and in the uses of social media in nonprofits and religious organizations. He has broad experience in technology development for industry, particularly for banking.
Prior to joining the CLU faculty, he served as Director of Integration Engineering for Digital Insight Corp. and as Director of Global Delivery Systems at Citibank. His research interests are in information systems for churches and non-profits, software development and reuse, information security, Internet value for businesses, and the scholarship of teaching and learning. He completed his Ph.D. in information systems and technology at Claremont Graduate University in 2007.
Paul's office hours are generally Tuesday and Thursday 1-3, and by appointment.
Ph.D., Information Systems and Technology, Claremont Graduate University, 2007 M.S., Computer Information Systems, Claremont Graduate School, 1987 B.S., Math/Computer Science, UCLA, 1983
- Banking Technology
- Information Systems
- Information Security
- Information Systems for Churches and Non-profits
- Cochran, M., and Witman, P. (June, 2011) Governance and Service Level Agreement Issues in a Cloud Computing Environment. Journal of Information Technology Management (Vol. XXII, Issue 2).
- Witman, P. (October 28, 2010) Website Self-Service Tools - Software Component Acquisition and "Death by a Thousand Cuts". Presented at the ISECON2010 Conference, Nashville, TN.
- Witman, P., Johnson, K., and Sparkman, N. (March 23, 2010) The Church Online - the Impact of Online Social Networks on Church Congregations, Southern Association for Information Systems Conference, Atlanta, GA.
- Furneaux, Brent, Hill, T., Smith, W., Venkatsubramanyan, S., Wang, J., Washington, A., Witman, P. (2009). Aging Content on the Web: Issues, Implications and Research Opportunities, Communications of the Association for Information Systems, Vol. 24, Article 8.
- Witman, P. (January, 2009) Software Product Lines and Configurable Product Bases in Business Applications - A Case from Financial Services Presented at the Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, Waikoloa, HI.
- Witman, P. and Ryan, T. (January, 2010) Think Big for Reuse. Communications of the ACM, Vol. 53, Issue 1, p. 142-147, http://cacm.acm.org/magazines/2010/1/55773-think-big-for-reuse/abstract
- Witman, P. and Roust, T. (2008) Balances and Accounts of Online Banking Users: A Study of Two US Financial Institutions. International Journal of Electronic Finance 2(2) (April, 2008).