Visual and Performing Arts Scholarship (VAPA)
For Fall 2015 Students
The Visual and Performing Arts have a prestigious home at Cal Lutheran. Whether staging a play in our Blackbox Theatre, touring the world with our Wind Ensemble, or pushing the boundaries of conventional art, our students pursue artistic expression without limits.
Incoming freshman and transfer applicants with superior talent in the areas of Music, Theatre Arts, or Visual Art can apply and audition for a VAPA Scholarship prior to enrolling at Cal Lutheran. Music and Theatre Arts Scholarships can be awarded up to $30,000* and are renewable for subsequent years.
VAPA Application Deadlines
|Nov. 15, 2014||Deadline for students who are applying for Early Action admission|
|Jan. 15, 2015||
Deadline for students who are applying for Regular Decision admission
Deadline for all Transfer Applicants
All students applying for this scholarship must audition to be eligible. Learn about auditions »
We're sorry, but this application is no longer accepting submissions.
* Please note the following:
- Students may audition for scholarships within the Music, Theatre Arts, and Visual Art categories; however, if offered multiple VAPA scholarships, the student can only accept an award from one department and must decline all other offers.
- The VAPA Scholarship replaces (if higher) any academic scholarship, Presidential Scholarship, or CLU Guarantee Scholarship the student was awarded.
- Students cannot receive an Academic Scholarship (or Presidential Scholarship), the CLU Guarantee Scholarship, and the VAPA Scholarship at the same time.
- If a student is awarded an Academic Scholarship (or Presidential Scholarship), or CLU Guarantee scholarship prior to being determined eligible for the VAPA Scholarship, they will be given the option to choose one of the three scholarships they would like to use while attending Cal Lutheran.
- The student must retain the scholarship they choose at that time (Academic/Presidential/CLU Guarantee or VAPA Scholarship) and may not change their award decision after they begin attending Cal Lutheran.