M.S. in Clinical Psychology
The 34-credit curriculum requires the successful completion of the following courses. View course descriptions in the official course catalog.
- PSYC 510 Psychopathology (3)
- PSYC 512 Systems of Counseling and Psychotherapy (3)
- PSYC 520 Law and Ethics (2)
- PSYC 530 Diagnostic and Therapeutic Interviewing (3)
- PSYC 532 Applied Behavior Analysis (3)
- PSYC 534 Group Therapy (2)
- PSYC 550 Survey of Psychological Testing (3)
- PSYC 562 Advanced Statistics (3)
- PSYC 564 Advanced Research Methods (3)
In addition, a two-course elective series from the following:
- PSYC 540 Principles and Techniques in Child Therapy (3)
- PSYC 541 Principles and Techniques in Adolescent Therapy (3)
- PSYC 544 Principles of The Recovery Model (3)
- PSYC 545 Techniques in The Recovery Model (3)
To complete the program, students have the option of taking a comprehensive exam, conducting a research study or writing a thesis. Choosing to conduct a research study or write a thesis requires three additional credits to the original 34 for a total of 37 credits.
View Thesis Abstract Samples from former CLU Clinical Psychology students.