Support Staff Position (non-exempt)
Position TitleElectrician - OPEN TO INTERNAL CANDIDATES ONLY - CLOSING 05/02/2012
Salary ($US) and BenefitsHiring Salary: $23.00
Basic FunctionUnder the direction of the Director of Facilities, perform journey-level electrical work in the installation, maintenance and repair of electrical systems, computer, telecommunication and related equipment; monitor and assist contractors assigned to special projects.
Representative Duties• Inspect, repair, install, service and maintain electrical systems including conduit and duct systems, lighting and power circuits, motorized appliances, transformers, generators, control equipment, switches, switchboards, fans, heaters, boilers, fixtures, bell and buzzer systems, clocks and fire alarms systems and telephone lines. E
• Install necessary interior and exterior wiring for equipment and appliances; install wire to new and modified buildings. E
• Install and perform repair of electrical repair systems for lighting, heating, ventilation and air conditioning; replace fuses. E
• Perform troubleshooting work to locate defects and malfunctions in electrical systems. E
• Prepare reports on work completed and materials used; order and maintain electrical stock and supplies levels according to established guidelines. E
• Operate a variety of tools and power equipment, including voltage tester, multimeter and other maintenance tools and equipment; drive a vehicle to conduct work. E
• Observe and comply with federal, state and local electrical codes. E
• Work from sketches, plans, drawings, blueprints and specifications. E
• Provide work direction and guidance to other maintenance personnel as assigned; assist in performing other skilled maintenance duties as assigned. E
• Perform related duties as assigned.
Knowledge OfPrinciples, methods, materials, tools and equipment used in the installations, maintenance, and repair of electrical, computer and telecommunication equipment.
Technical aspects of field and specialty.
Electrical theory and calculation of formulas.
National Electrical Code and the Electrical Safety Orders of the State of California.
High and low voltage electrical systems.
Health and safety regulations.
Record keeping techniques.
Ability ToPerform journey-level electrical work in the installation, maintenance and repair of electrical systems, computer, telecommunication and related equipment.
Monitor and assist contractors assigned to special projects.
Make arithmetic calculations related to specialty quickly and accurately.
Work from blueprints, shop drawings and sketches.
Use a variety of tools and machines utilized in the electrical trade.
Observe legal and defensive driving practices.
Understand and follow oral and written directions.
Work independently with little direction.
Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
Maintain records and prepare reports.
Education and ExperienceEDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Any combination equivalent to: graduation from high school and four years of training or experience which demonstrates journey-level skill in the assigned trade. Must be a license/certified Journeyman Electrician.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Valid California driver’s and safe driving record.
Indoor and outdoor work environment.
Subject to driving a vehicle to conduct work.
Sitting, standing and walking up to 8 hours per day.
Bending at the waist.
Crawling, kneeling, stooping, squatting or crouching while working.
Climbing ladders and stairs.
Walking over rough or uneven surfaces.
Ability to hear and speak to exchange information.
Adequate eyesight to perform tasks and drive vehicles.
Pulling, pushing and carrying up to 50lbs.
Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate specialized hand and power tools and equipment.
Reaching and working horizontally, above the shoulders and overhead, up to 25 lbs.
Electrical power supply and high voltage.
Working in a cramped or restrictive work chamber.
Working at heights.
Application ProcedureEmployment application must be submitted in full, additionally, send resume with cover letter and names and phone numbers of three professional references to:
California Lutheran University
Human Resources, MC1100
60 W. Olsen Road
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
Fax resume to (805) 493-3655 or