Support Staff Position (non-exempt)
Position TitleConferences and Events Operations Coordinator (Part-Time)
DepartmentConferences and Events
Salary ($US) and BenefitsHiring Range: $18.00/hr
Basic FunctionUnder the general direction of the Director of Auxiliary Services with Director of Conferences and Events as the Supervisor, the Operations Coordinator will assist on a part-time basis with the management of the day to day operations of Conferences and Events.
Representative Duties• Supervise Student/Hourly Staff – Assist with managing and supervision of the student
work crew operating during regular work hours, evenings and weekends. Also, assist with the scheduling of crew. Occasionally, supervise the work of outside temporary workers in the absence of the Director of Conferences & Events
• Coordinate Building Safety and Security – Monitor buildings that have events scheduled during the Operations Coordinator‘s assigned shift. Insure that all entrances and exits are clear of items that might impede a safe and timely egress of the building. Manage any unauthorized, unwanted visitors to the site and coordinate their removal, if appropriate, with Public Safety.
• Equipment Management – Responsible for the care and maintenance of University owned and leased equipment during the course of scheduled events. Insure that the Events work crew, both in-house and temp, safely deploy and care for the equipment during set-up and break-down of events.
• Traffic and Parking - Manage traffic flow and parking associated with certain events, as assigned.
• Manage Building Storage – Assist with storage of various Events equipment. Responsible for storage areas being kept in an orderly fashion.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Flexible Hours – Schedule is determined by the needs of University Events, which can vary dramatically from day to day and week to week. The Coordinator will work closely with their supervisor in determining their optimum work schedule based on the priorities of University events. Depending on events scheduled and certain times of the year, the Operations Coordinator can expect to take direction from more than one supervisor within the Auxiliary Services staff.
Knowledge OfPositive Administrative practices.
Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary.
Computer skills: Word, Excel, Microsoft Office.
Knowledge of technical systems.
Ability ToPlan, organize, and administer the events schedule.
Plan, organize, and administer a staff of student workers and temp workers.
Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with colleagues and campus constituents.
Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
Meet schedules and time lines.
Education and ExperienceBachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, National Certified Professional Food Manager – ServSafe Training preferred.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Valid California Driver License.
EnvironmentIndoor, outdoor, and public engagement environment
Ability to work a flexible schedule.
Hearing and speaking to exchange information in person and on the telephone.
Walking to conduct inspections and to buildings and grounds to supervise crews.
Lift 50 pounds.
Sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
Application ProcedureEmployment application must be submitted in full, additionally, send resume with cover letter and names and phone numbers of three professional references to:
California Lutheran University
Human Resources, MC1100
60 W. Olsen Road
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
Fax resume to (805) 493-3655 or