MyCLU Account Policies
Creation and Maintenance Information - July 8, 2009
MyCLU accounts, e.g., user accounts for University provided information services, are maintained with the following goals and policies in mind:
- Accounts are created for all admitted students, as well as new employees including adjunct faculty members. Information regarding the acceptable use of the account will be made available at the earliest possible transaction point. The initial password for all MyCLU accourts is a strong password and uses no personally identifiable information.
- Students: After changing the initial password, students can use the MyCLU Portal to check email, change their password at least every 180 days, forward CLUnet email to another account, or create a vacation message. If a student plans to use an alternative e-mail account (e.g., Hotmail, Yahoo, Earthlink), it is the responsibility of the student to forward CLU email to a functioning alternative email account. Every student is responsible for any mail that is sent to her/his CLUnet account, such as notices from the Registrar, Financial Aid Office, or other University departments.
- Employees: After changing the initial password, employees can use the Outlook on Windows PC's or Entourage on Mac's or Outlook on the myCLU Portal to check email, change the password at least every 180 days, or create a vacation/out of office message. Employees are expected to use their CLU email account and address for offical University business. Employees are responsible for any mail that is sent to her/his CLUnet account from other University offices and external constituients conducting offical business with the University.
- Accounts that have not had a password change in 180 days are locked. An individual must set up security questions to be able to unlock her/his account. Any user may change the password on her/his active and unlocked account. If an individual account holder forgets her/his password, the password may be re-set.
- All accounts due for removal will receive an email message informing the account holder of a 30 grace period to conclude usage of the account, before the account will be removed from the system. Accounts for users will be removed under the following conditions:
- Traditional undergraduate students
Students, separating from the University prior to graduation will be given a 30 day grace period to remove account contents after which the account will be removed. Graduating seniors will be permitted to continue to use the account until they request it to be closed.
- Special student status
- Students with special student status will retain account rights only while they are currently enrolled. Accounts will be removed on or after the add deadline of each current term for students no longer enrolled, and not having matriculated to program status.
- ADEP students
- ADEP policy permits enrolled students to skip a maximum of two consecutive terms before formal re-admittance is required. This algorithm will be applied to their user accounts, e.g., that on or after the add deadline for the current term, all students not currently enrolled and without credits resulting from active participation in the previous two consecutive terms will lose account rights. Their accounts will be removed. If eventually re-enrolled, a new account will be created.
- Graduate students
- Graduate students must be readmitted to their programs after an absence of active participation of one year. On or after the add deadline for the current term, all graduate students who are not currently enrolled and without credits resulting from active participation in the previous two consecutive terms will lose account rights. Their accounts will be removed. If eventually re-enrolled, a new account will be created.
- Complementary accounts
- Complementary accounts will be created on an annually renewable basis, all of which come 'due' June I of each year. It will be the responsibility of the original requester to contact the ISS Systems Administrator, and provide authorization for the continued use of the account.
Faculty, administrative and staff employees, upon separation from the University may be given a 30 day grace period with HR/supervisor's approval before their accounts are removed. Special arrangements must be made, and notice provided to the ISS department, if a continuation is desired by any department on campus regarding a separating employee.
- Adjunct Faculty
- Accounts held by adjunct faculty will be annually renewable, pending verification of continuation by the Office of Academic Affairs for the coming school year.
- Faculty Emeritus
Emeritus faculty members may request continuation of their MyCLU account via the Office of Academic Affairs. Notice should be made to ISS so that existing accounts are noted accordingly.
Beginning in 2006, all alumni have automatically been able to retain their CLUnet account. Alumni who graduateed before 2006 may request a MyCLU portal account that includes a CLU email address.
- Further Information