Collection Development Information
We encourage you to partner with us in developing our collection of books, journals, and electronic resources by contacting the Information Specialist assigned to your department. Below you will find more information about our acquisitions process as well as tools to assist you in making a request.
- Collection Development
We offer Blackboard as the online course management tool. It is designed to help students access class syllabi, course readings, and other course content. Login from myCLU Portal in the Community section.
CLU complies with all copyright regulations. Find out more about Copyright at CLU.
- Course Reserve of Physical Materials
- Course Reserve Guidelines and Copyright Information
- Please use the Course Reserve Form to place articles, books, audio & video materials on course reserve.
- Search for an view items on reserve for a course.
Course Reserves make it possible for instructors to reserve one or two copies of an item at the circulation desk in order to share them with all the students taking their course. However, these materials must be made available within the provisions and constraints of copyright law.
We are excited to collaborate with you in developing the information literacy (IL) skill of yours students; from learning how to look for books and articles to evaluating resources and discussions about plagiarism. Please use the Instruction Request Form to schedule a library workshop or contact the Information Specialist assigned to your department. For more information about IL, refer to left-side bar.
Connect with the Pearson Pipeline, the library's official news blog. Find out information about the library, databases, trials, and more!
The Pearson Library provides the following tools to help students with their research:
- Research assistance, subject guides, and useful resources compiled by
Information Specialists. Research Guides (also known as LibGuides) are available to help your students know what we know; they'll find it in a LibGuide.
- WorldCat Local (WCL) is the main entryway to Pearson Library's print and digital collections for CLU students, staff, and faculty. This single access point is a "discovery tool" that allows library users to "discover" all types of resources available from Pearson Library and from 70,000 libraries worldwide, including books, ebooks, full-text articles, article abstracts, DVDs, and more. WCL FAQs
Available trials will be listed here. Please check back if none are currently available.
ProQuest Sanborn Maps Geo Edition provides digital access to thousands of large-scale maps of American towns and cities, searchable by address and GPS coordinates. (trial ends 12/31)
World Higher Education Database (WHED) online is the most comprehensive and up-to-date collection of information on higher education systems and institutions worldwide ***To access the database, click on the link underneath the header Site Licenses***
- Detailed information on over 15,000 higher education institutions offering at least a post-graduate degree or four year professional diploma in more than 180 countries
- Detailed information on the higher education system of each country
- Contact details for national, regional and international bodies and all higher education institutions
- User-friendly interface
- Fully searchable and cross-referenced data
- Able to export up to 250 higher education institution addresses, additional exports are available through data licensing