ISS Tech Bytes
Become a Mobile Maven
Volume 6, No. 9
Ever need Cal Lutheran information (such as the online People Directory), but unable to get to your desktop computer? If so, check out the CLUMobileWeb<http://m.callutheran.edu/about/> site and investigate our mobile resources; get essential CLU information & services anytime, anywhere on your mobile device.
Here are a few tips:
- When accessing Cal Lutheran’s website on a mobile device, by default the mobile version of the site will load.
- If the mobile version does not load, the site may be accessed by keying in this URL: http://m.callutheran.edu
- For information about CLUMobileWeb<http://m.callutheran.edu/about/>, browse to http://m.callutheran.edu/about/ . Be sure to check out the short information video.
- If you have an iPhone or iPod Touch, also check out CLU's official iPhone app<http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/clu-mobile/id376445597?mt=8> which is available in the App Store.
- Other information easily accessible from the mobile site is emergency information, the campus map, CLU event details, and more.
- Here’s what the CLUMobileWeb<http://m.callutheran.edu/about/> site looks like on the iPhone
*This Issue’s Techno Term
Definition: a small computing device, typically having a display screen with touch input and/or a miniature keyboard and weighting less than 2 pounds (0.91 kg)
Example in a sentence: Perry’s teen-age daughter was adamant that she would settle for nothing less than a handheld with a retina display.
If you have questions or need assistance, please call the Help Desk at (805) 493-3698 or send e-mail to email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
Additional information is available at the Computer Training Website<http://www.callutheran.edu/iss/training/>; in addition, an archive of previous Tech Bytes issues is located at http://www.callutheran.edu/iss/training/tech_bytes/
« Back to Tech Byte Archive