Financial Aid and Billing
For New Students
Check out this Financial Aid step-by-step guide to help you plan for your student's education at Cal Lutheran.Next Steps Guide »
Financial Aid 101
- What goes into a financial aid package?
- Tuition & fees
- Estimate your balance
- Net price calculator
- Financial literacy resources
- Application process for new students
- Application process for returning students
- Entrance/Exit Loan Counseling
- Contact the Financial Aid Office
Student Accounts & Billing
The Student Accounts Office keeps an accounting record of each student's charges and payment history. They provide students with financial clearance for classes and room & board. They also counsel families on payment options in relation to their student account.
TouchNet Payment Plan
Never worry about missing a payment!
Sign up for automatic ACH bank transfers. Students can easily enroll online.
- Pay In Full Plan
- Pay by Check
- Pay In Full through TouchNet
- International Wire Transfers
- Get Electronic Account Access
A Letter to parents of First Year and Transfer Students
From Steve Woods, Director of Student Accounts
Dear New Students and Parents:
The 2013–2014 academic year is bringing about lots of changes that will ensure both students and the University have a strong financial strategy to cover expenses. All returning and newly admitted undergraduates will have a Pre-bill, Payment Contract, and tuition insurance information sent to them in early June.
This packet has the material to help students gain financial clearance by the all-important financial clearance date of August 2, 2013. Gaining financial clearance from the student accounts office allows the student to maintain the class schedule they've pre-registered for.
Financial clearance is gained when two things happen:
- The student returns a signed and completed Payment Contract to Student Accounts
- The student remits payment for the estimated balance due on the pre-bill
- The student signs up for a Monthly Payment Plan through our third party payment plan provider. Registration for this program can be done as early as June to reduce the monthly payment amount, but no later than August. The down payment and enrollment fee are due at the time of plan registration. Any questions, you can call Barbara Culbert at (805) 493-3173.
If financial aid, awards, and scholarships cover all remaining costs, then steps 2 and 3 can be skipped. However, students must sign up for a Monthly Payment Plan if they are not paying the full balance due by the financial clearance date.
Detailed information on the Monthly Payment Plan and tuition insurance will be included in the pre-bill packet. Also look for forms and information in early May on our Student Accounts website.
Manager of Student Receivables
CLU Business Office
60 West Olsen Road
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360