Bachelor's Degree in Psychology
About the Program
The Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology is a rigorous investigation into the science of psychology. It provides a perspective of the history, background, historical and contemporary psychological theories, and applications of these theories to our current world.
Cal Lutheran University's Bachelor of Arts in Psychology provides you with an expansive perspective of the field of psychology and its relevance in an increasingly diverse and globally engaging society. Your experience as you complete the Psychology program will have you applying psychological theories and principles to investigate and solve current interpersonal, personal, and societal based problems as you gain perspective in four vitally important areas:
- Personal development and analysis
- Social awareness of values and principles
- Yearning to learn more about psychology as a science
- Cross-cultural competence
Included among the many benefits of enrolling in the Psychology major are:
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Psychology can qualify you for a variety of positions, such as a case worker, crisis counselor, residential manager, law enforcement, probation officer, residential counselor, or program manager.
- Your degree will teach you strategies for developing others, individually as well as in groups.
- The study of psychology helps you gain an understanding of the thoughts, feelings, and behaviors of yourself and others by studying the development of the human mind.
- The skills learned in Psych can also make you more competitive in many areas of business, including non profits.
- A Cal Lutheran Psychology degree equips you to integrate your faith with the theories and methods of psychology.
- Upon completion, your Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology will prepare you to enroll in a master's degree in a variety of areas — such as our Master of Science in Counseling Psychology or Master of Science in Counseling & Guidance. You can view a full list of the master's programs offered by California Lutheran University Graduate Schools by clicking here.
Make your mark on the world through a solid understanding of the science of psychology. It's all around you. Earn your Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and change the way you see your world.