2012-2013 Academic Year
The graduate programs at CLU combine high standards and quality education with affordable tuition rates. At CLU, working adult students will find a tremendous return-on-investment for their time and money.
In the MBA and Certificate programs in Financial Planning, students receive the required coursework* and intellectual and professional preparation to sit for the CFP examination upon graduation. Additionally, the program also emphasizes student development in ethics and personal values.
This steadfast commitment to quality education at a reasonable cost has earned CLU its place in the top tier of Western Regional Colleges and Universities in the U.S. News & World Report annual rankings for the 10th straight year.
*The MBA and Certificate program in Financial Planning is registered by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. (CFP Board) in Washington DC. Candidates who plan to sit for the CFP Certification Examination must successfully complete a CFP Board-Registered Program.
MBA Financial Planning tuition is $745.00 per credit or $2235.00 per course†.
Certificate tuition is $550 per credit or $1650 per course†.
†Subject to annual change. Please check the latest schedule of classes for current tuition and fee information.
Graduate students typically qualify for Federal Stafford Loans only. These loans are only available to U.S. citizens or permanent residents. International students do not qualify for Federal Stafford Loans.
- Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- The school code for California Lutheran University is 001133.
- Remember to electronically sign or your application will be delayed.
- Go to www.fafsa.ed.gov to see FAFSA deadlines.
- Fill out the CLU Graduate Financial Aid Application form.
- Receive your Student Aid Report (SAR). This form will be sent to you shortly after you complete the FAFSA. Check it for accuracy and make corrections online if necessary.
- Become fully admitted to the program. We cannot make an aid offer until you are fully admitted to the program.
- Receive your award letter. An online link to your award letter will be emailed to a CLU email account that will be set up for you when you are admitted.
- Accept or reject your awards. Follow the instructions in the email and accept or reject the awards in your letter.
- If you are taking Federal Stafford Loans, complete online entrance counseling. You will be directed to this via your award letter.
- If you are taking Federal Stafford Loans, fill out the Master Promissory Note (MPN). You will only have to sign this document once. This will be sent to you by the lender once you are approved to receive a Stafford Loan.
Students in the certificate program are not eligible for Federal financial aid in the form of Stafford Loans.
However, students who are a U.S. citizen or have a U.S. citizen co-borrower may be eligible for a Sallie Mae Signature Loan.
Please contact the financial aid office for more information.
For more information:
Telephone: (805) 493-3115