Hall Cup Tournaments
2014-2015 Hall Cup
What: 3 vs. 3 Basketball Hall Cup Tournament - See who is King of the Court in this street style basketball tournament
Where: Grace Courts
When: Saturday April 18th
Team Check-in: 10:45am.
Tournament Time: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Who: any current Students can register!
Individual Registration: All players and team captain need to have completed the online Individual Registration before the day of the event. Individually Register at:http://www.callutheran.edu/student_life/intramural_sports/register.php
Game Time Schedule: Tournament will start a 11am with the last game at 2pm!
Registration: All players must complete the individual registration process before they can participate
Teams: Teams will consist of 3-5 teams. Players can form their own teams or come as an individual. If possible, teams will consist of only 1 Varsity basketball player. Teams can be recreated according to the IM staff's disgression.
House rules: Half court 3v3 with reset. Playing to 25, 2s and 3s, win by two. Air balls are reset.
Rules & Regulations
1. Each game will be to 21 points. The team must win by two points.
2. Teams score by either regular two-point baskets, or by three-point shots taken from outside the three-point circle.
3. After a basket has been scored or a foul called, a player must put the ball in play from a line past the three point line above the foul key.
4. All held balls will be put into play behind the three point line with possession given alternately to each team
5. On defensive rebounds or steals, players must return the ball by dribble or pass across the three point line before a basket may be attempted. Once across the line, they do not have to pass the ball before shooting.
6. Any player may convert an offensive rebound.
7. After a basket, the team scored upon will put the ball in play.
8. Fouls will be called by participating players. A foul called in the act
of shooting will result in either two or three points being awarded to
the team which was fouled, depending on where the player was fouled. A non-shooting foul will result in the award of one point to
the offended team. There is no bonus situation for fouls.
9. The three second free throw lane rule will apply to all offensive players.
10. Substitutions may be made after a basket or an out of bounds play
11. There are no time outs.
12. Time will not be stopped to discuss any call.
13. If the game ends in a tie after regulation time there will be a two
minute overtime period. Possession will be determined by a coin toss. Ties at the end of any overtime period will result in successive one minute periods until the tie has been broken, with possession
alternating each overtime period.