Before your arrival for New Student Orientation, there are a few things you need to have completed. Below is a checklist of the actions you need to take. If you complete each of these items, your move-in and check-in process will be expedited.
If you do not find answers to your questions here, please contact the Student Life Office at (805) 493-3197 or email@example.comPrint this page
1. Your MyCLU Account
Make sure you are able to access your MyCLU account by changing the default password if you have not already done so. If you do not know your username or default password, please contact the Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or (805) 493-3698.
- Go to www.callutheran.edu/password.
- Enter the username and default password you were given in your admission materials.
- Choose a new password that only you will remember. Click "Change Password" to confirm.
2. MyCLU Portal & Email
The MyCLU Portal is a single access point for your Cal Lutheran email account, Blackboard, WebAdvisor, and more.
- Log in at www.callutheran.edu/myclu.
- Check your email at least once a week throughout the summer and daily during the academic year. Offices such as Financial Aid, Registrar, and Student Accounts will only use this email address to contact you.
3. Return Health Services Forms by Saturday, August 1, 2015
All students must complete and send in all Health Services forms.
4. Get Financial Clearance by Friday, August 7, 2015
Financial clearance is achieved when two things happen:
- The student returns a signed and completed Payment Contract to the Business Office and
- One of the following:
- The student remits payment for the estimated balance due on the pre-bill, via check or cash
- OR The student signs up for a Monthly Payment Plan to schedule automatic payments covering their outstanding account balance
- OR The student’s financial aid more than covers the tuition, fees, room and board expenses.
Please note that students without financial clearance may have their enrolled courses cancelled before the first day of class. For questions regarding your account, please contact Student Accounts at email@example.com or (805) 493-3173.
5. Complete Financial Aid Information
To learn more about this item, visit the Financial Aid: Next Steps website.
- File your FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov (Our FAFSA code is 001133).
- If needed, submit additional verification documents.
- View and accept your Financial Aid Award through WebAdvisor on your MyCLU Portal. If you are accepting loans, then proceed to complete the loan application process by clicking on the link "Apply for your loans."
For questions regarding financial aid, please contact the Financial Aid Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (805) 493-3115.
6. Register for New Student Orientation by Friday, August 7, 2015
- Register for New Student Orientation.
- Because meals will be provided for you and your guests during New Student Orientation, we need to know how many people will be attending, as well as any dietary needs they may have.
For questions regarding New Student Orientation, please contact at (805) 493-3197.
7. Submit the Forrest Fitness Center Waiver by Friday, August 7, 2015
The Forrest Fitness Center is available for use by all currently enrolled students. Students must fill out the waiver online prior to use.
For questions regarding the Forrest Fitness Center, please contact Paul Hartmann at email@example.com or (805) 493-3523.
8. Veterans, GI Bill and Yellow Ribbon Program by Sunday, August 9, 2015
Veteran students will need to:
- Submit forms to start GI Bill file.
- Attend GI Bill student session during orientation.
- Submit certification request.
Contact the Veteran Resource Office by August 9, 2015 for more information x3648 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Submit a Housing Application, Deposit, and Check-in Form
If you are planning to live on campus, you will need to complete an online Housing Application. This is your opportunity to help us find a roommate that matches your interests, so please answer all questions as honestly and completely as possible.
- Complete the Housing Application.
- Submit your housing deposit at www.callutheran.edu/deposit.
- Complete the Residence Hall Check-in form.
For questions regarding Residence Life, please contact the Residence Life Office at email@example.com or (805) 493-3220.
10. Register your Vehicle for a Free Parking Permit
Complete the online Vehicle Registration form to receive a permit for your vehicle.
11. Enroll in the "4 to Finish" Program
If you are a first-year student and would like to enroll in the "4 to Finish" Program, you are required to complete the contract, and return it to the Registrar's Office before the due date in October.
For questions regarding 4 to Finish, please contact the Registrar's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (805) 493-3105.
12. Get your ID Card
You will need to stop by Campus Safety to have your picture taken for your Cal Lutheran ID card. You can do this during New Student Orientation or anytime before if you happen to be on campus. View the location of Campus Safety.