Before you come to New Student Orientation on September 1, 2012 there are a few things you need to have completed. Below is a check list of the actions you need to take. If you have completed each of these items your check-in and move-in process (on September 1, 2012) will be expedited.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact any of the offices listed below or Kristin Price at email@example.com.Print the Checklist
1. Your CLUnet account
Make sure you are able to access your CLUnet Account by changing the default password if you have not already done so. If you do not know your username or default password please contact the CLU Help desk at (805) 493-3698 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Go to www.callutheran.edu/password
- Enter the username and default password you were given in your admission materials.
- Choose a new password that only you will remember. Click "Change Password" to confirm.
2. MyCLU Portal & CLU Email
The MyCLU Portal is a single access point for your e-mail, WebAdvisor, course syllabi, Blackboard, and more.
- Log in at www.callutheran.edu/myclu
- Check your email at least once per week through the summer and academic year. Offices such as Financial Aid, Registrar, and Student Accounts will only use this email address to contact you.
3. Register for New Student Orientation by August 17, 2012
- Register online here
- Given that there are a few meals for you and your guests during New Student Orientation we need to know how many people will be attending.
4. Get Financial Clearance by August 3, 2012
Financial clearance is achieved when two things happen:
- 1. You complete the Payment Contract by August 3, 2012; and
- 2. One of the following:
- You make your payment for the estimated balance due on the pre-bill, via check or cash
- OR You sign up for a Monthly Payment Plan (MPP) to schedule automatic payments covering their outstanding account balance
- OR Your financial aid more than covers the tuition, fees, room and board expenses
For questions regarding your account, please email email@example.com.
5. Complete Financial Aid Information
To learn more about this item, visit the Financial Aid: Next Steps website.
- File your FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov View and accept your Financial Aid award through WebAdvisor. If you are accepting loans, then proceed to complete the loan application process by clicking on the
- link "Apply for Loans"
- If needed, submit additional verification documents.
For questions regarding financial aid packages and loans, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (805) 493-3291.
6. Return Health Services Forms by August 3, 2012
All students must complete and send in all Health Services forms. They can be found on the Admitted Students website at www.callutheran.edu/admitted. For questions regarding Health Services, please email email@example.com or call (805) 493-3225.
7. Submit the Forrest Fitness Center Waiver by August 3, 2012
The Forrest Fitness Center is available for use by all currently enrolled students. Students must fill out the online liability waiver prior to use. Find it here: Waiver and Release Agreement
For questions regarding the Forrest Fitness Center, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Submit a Housing Application, Deposit, and Check-in Form
If you are planning to live on campus, you will need to complete an online Housing Application and Contract. This is your opportunity to help us find a roommate that matches your interests, so please answer all questions as honestly and completely as possible.
- Complete the Housing Application
- Submit your housing deposit at www.callutheran.edu/deposit
- Complete the Residence Hall Check-in form
9. Register your Vehicle for a Free Parking Permit
Complete the Vehicle Registration form to receive a permit for your vehicle.
10. Enroll in the "4 to Finish" Program by October 1st, 2012
If you are a first year student and you would like to enroll in the "4 to Finish" Program, you will need to download and complete the contract, and return it to the Registrar's Office before October 1, 2012.
11. Get your CLU ID Card
You will need to stop by the Welcome Center to have your picture taken for your CLU ID card. You can do this during New Student Orientation or anytime before if you happen to be on campus. View the Welcome Center's campus location